Projhect Orion Rejuvinated

Projhect Orion Rejuvinated
A D-He3 fusion pulse refit of the Project Orion Starship

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Dodecahedron

Ever since I first watch Episode 7 of Carl Sagan's Cosmos called "The Backbone Of The Night" years ago, I was inspired to use the Dodecahedron as the symbol of Project Orion Renaissance and of the D-He3 Project Orion Starship since the Pythagorean kept the dodecahedron secret from common people which made the eventual Dark Ages possible.  The dodecahedron is a three-dimensional pentagon and this polyhedron has twelve pentagon-shaped sides.  Another reason for my adoption of the dodecahedron as my symbol is the dodecahedron being a symbol inscribed on a "Starship Theodorus Of The Planet Earth" Bussard Ramjet from Episode 8 "Travels In Space And Time" of Cosmos.  So the symbol on an Orion Starship will be the dodecahedron.  The original plan for Orion could not really go to the stars since it was too inefficient and could go no more then 1-2% the speed of light.  The D-He3 Orion which I am designing on the other hand can go at least 10% the speed of light and be ideal for travel to nearby stars.  Now you know exactly why I picked the dodecahedron as the symbol of Project Orion Renaissance.
dodecahedron
This may sound a bit off topic, but I forgot to also mention the Mini Mag Orion which too is more efficient than the original Orion model and the D-He3 Orion borrowed form the Mini Mag Orion its magsail for deceleration.
Mini Mag Orion Spacecraft Design

3 comments:

  1. Dude I know you blocked me on Facebook. I did not in anyway harass you. I just pointed out how you need to let this Confused Matthew thing go. Hell I gave you some fire power if nothing else and yet here I am on your blog trying to get in contact with you and trying to be as rational as possible. Speaking of witch, you seem to love to use logic correct? If that is the case, then may I propose a quandary to you? If you wish to expose Matthew and his fans for logical fallacies in his arguments on the Lion King and the like, then why did you censor me? Is it because I said you and he are fucking nuts? Because if that is the case then you have only proven my point. You are obsessed with this man and what he does online instead of well you know minding your own damn business. Oh and don't use circular logic on me because guess what that is yet another Logical Fallacy. So to conclude this whole debacle I would like to sate the following.

    1st. Get over Confused Matthew and his biased opinions that you and both know are not true and get on with your life.

    2nd. Learn how the internet works. People on here can be nice and as you put it "constructive" with their criticisms, but that's not always the case. Same goes with real life.

    3rd. And finally I would like to quote a friend of mine because I feel that this warrents this given how you handled the situation. Censorship protects ignorance, not innocence.

    I am hopping you will not remove this comment this time and if you do, then that only proves my point that you are indeed fucking nuts and you cannot handle what others have to say about you. If that is truly the case, I suggest seeking out a therapist to confront these issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I have noticed a error with one of my bullet points. Allow me to fix that with this reply.

      1st. Get over Confused Matthew and his biased opinions that you and I both know are not true and get on with your life.

      Delete
  2. Does look a little like this one here: http://cropfm.at/knittelfeld_ufo.htm

    ReplyDelete