Projhect Orion Rejuvinated

Projhect Orion Rejuvinated
A D-He3 fusion pulse refit of the Project Orion Starship

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Introduction and Blog Rules

Hello, I am Timothy McHugh the self-appointed chief designer of the Project Orion Renaissance and I am designing a deuterium-helium3 fusion pulse Orion starship ever since I first conceived the refit in the morning of Thursday, February 18, 1999.  I used to call the D-He3 Orion "Orion II" or "Project Orion II" but I just now call it Orion and a part of the first Project Orion.  Project Orion was first started in top secret in 1958 and was originally intended to use nuclear explosives behind a pusher plate for propulsion and was under development until being shut down in 1965.  Orion was terminated because of the signing of the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty which forbids nuclear weapons explosions in space.  Plus there is talk of a potential comeback of Project Orion as in this article called Project Orion: It's Life, Death, and Possible Rebirth written by Michael Flora but the article talks about Orion returning with the same propulsion that it was originally intended to use.  I take it a whole refit further by changing Orion's propulsion system to the D-He3 inertial confinement fusion pulse propulsion system which Project Daedalus in the 1970s and the current Project Icarus spacecraft were designed to use.

Project Orion Renaissance No-No's:


1) Never voice any bigotry whether it be based of color, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.  All hate speech will be removed and bigots who engage in hate speech will be blocked.

2) There is zero tolerance for the brand of Anti-Lion King Fanaticism which an infamous amateur film critic known as Confused Matthew and a YouTube commentator known as SuperGzilla12 and their loyal fans harbor.  I will block anyone who dares to tell me that Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa are assholes, selfish, greedy, lazy, or evil.

3) I will not tolerate anyone daring to tell me that Star Trek promotes racism or that the United Federation of Planets is a communist regime as touted by the likes of Michael Wong and his StarDestroyer.Net and will block such people who say those types of things.

4) I will not tolerate any trash talk about James Cameron's Avatar such as the notion that it was poorly done, that it is homophobic, that it rips off other movies like Dances With Wolves, etc and will block such nincompoops who say those types of things about my current favorite movie just to discredit it.  I will also block those who endorse genocidal fantasies against Avatar like a YouTube user known as Radith87 who made two "How Avatar Should Have Ended" videos glorifying the use of the Death Star to destroy Pandora.
Now that I hope you are acquainted with my blog and agree to my rules of not to do any of the no-no's that I listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment